Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Scary...

So I've been meaning to put up a bunch of Kant and Kierkegaard posts...maybe tomorrow I'll do that and just lump them all together, since I don't know that anyone's gonna read all through them anyway. For now, an alarming quote from the mouth of raving-lunatic-uber-Presbyterian Darryl Hart (and I say that with all due respect and civility--I've carried on a couple nice conversations with the guy):
"In other words, as anti-ecumenical as it sounds, a Reformed Christian’s first identity is Reformed and then Christian."

That's from the fascinating official discussion on the Federal Vision over on DeRegnoChristi.org

2 comments:

I know, I'm half way through Hart's book on Nevin, and loving it. But some of the air is being let out of my balloon of enthusiasm by Hart's own behavior in that De Regno discussion.

September 24, 2007 at 2:26 AM  

Yeah, I was talking to Dr. Leithart today about what a unique intellectual specimen Hart must be to be able to hold together such a strong appreciation for Nevin with all of his very un-Nevinian views.

September 24, 2007 at 4:40 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home